The average group size at Foley is 3 students. The maximum group size is 5 students. The small group size and the way we schedule allow us to adapt each lesson to meet the needs of the students in the group. There are no cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all lessons at Foley; we cycle through mini lessons, drills, and strategy reviews based on the students in the room. Our tutors have the ability and the experience to do ad hoc mini lessons and change the direction of a session based on how the students are performing.
The five ways to prep at Foley include
- Pod Alternatives. This is an all-you-can-eat option for those who know they’ll want test prep and academic support for fall 2020. The monthly subscription plans start September 14th and run from 7:30am – 7:00pm Monday-Thursday and 7:30-5:00pm Fridays. We have created socially distanced and socially healthy spaces for your 7th-12th grader to stay ahead of the pack. Available in Haddonfield, Warren, Holmdel, and Rumson-Fair Haven only. Check it out: FoleyPrep.com/pod-alternatives
- 1-on-1 in-person tutoring. For those who need maximum flexibility in their schedules. All tutoring is in-person at one of our locations, unless online is more convenient or there is a snow day.
- Flexible, “self-paced” semi-private tutoring. Start anytime – call us to help you design your own schedule or just go ahead and select from the convenient 90-minute sessions scheduled throughout the week, all year round. Plan it all out in advance or go ahead and adjust as you go. Register at least one day in advance so that our Foley Prep Pros can customize each lesson to the group. Most of our hubs offer 2 or more SAT and ACT classes each day to choose from – it is the most flexible and effective prep anywhere. We recommend semi-private tutoring to students scoring between 1050 and 1350 (ACT equivalent: between 21 and 28).
- Cohort-style “progressive” program. Traditional cohort-style semi-private (3-5 students) tutoring with a set group of students who meet the same days and times every week. The students work with the same teacher (or one teacher for math and one teacher for reading and writing) every session. We design these programs for folks who prefer a defined start date, end date, and curriculum. As with our self-paced program, we recommend these classes to students scoring between 1050 and 1350 (ACT equivalent: between 21 and 28).
- Online options. Students who enjoy the convenience of online tutoring from home can use our chat room for on-demand tutoring, online small-group sessions, or private online tutoring sessions during the widespread school shutdowns and beyond. We conduct sessions via Zoom, Google Duo or Hangouts, Canvas, FaceTime, Discord… we’ll meet students anywhere! All online options are available for all the same subjects as in-person tutoring: most high school subjects to the AP-level, expert help with English papers, and SAT/ACT Prep including SAT Subject tests.