Most students start with a free diagnostic (“mock”) SAT and/or ACT. Book one now! Results will be emailed within 48 hours. After the score report has been analyzed by a Foley Prep Pro, we will arrange a consultation to determine which test is best for your student, get a baseline score, and design a tutoring plan to make the prep as efficient as possible.
If you have any questions along the way, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can help with an assortment of questions including choosing between the SAT and ACT.
Effective, Targeted Instruction
According to a comprehensive study completed May 2019, Foley Prep’s 1-on-1 and small-group students gain an average of 220 points on the SAT and 7 points on the ACT after doing 10 hours of tutoring or 10 sessions and 3 or more practice tests.
This is not a cookie-cutter, volume-oriented program. In the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak, we are limiting our group size to 5 students to ensure safe social distancing practices. Our average group size is 3 students. In academic year 2018/2019, we canceled less than 1% of our sessions (yes, we run sessions with just 1 registered student).
More than 1,100 students increased their SAT and ACT scores using Foley Prep’s unique, continuous semi-private instruction last year. This program is different – and more efficient – than any other.
Foley Prep Pros use both deductive (instruction followed by examples) and inductive (examples first, instruction after) methods in their lessons. They combine those with humor and relatable content to retain students’ interest, and have created an effective, proven method.
Semi-private or 1-on-1 Tutoring…or Both.
We recommend our cohort programs or semi-private sessions for students who have already scored between 1050 and 1300 on the SAT or practice tests.
- Semi-private tutoring (traditional cohort option). We run 4-7 week cohort programs leading up to major exam dates. Student groups follow a set schedule of 2-hour and attend all sessions together with the same tutor(s).
- Semi-private tutoring (self-paced). For the past six years, we have perfected a small group tutoring method that allows for students to set their own schedule and modify it as they go. Students who use this method may work with different students or tutors in each 90-minute session.
- Book times at least 24 hours in advance so our instructors can customize a plan that works for the students.
For either type of small-group tutoring, the maximum group size is 5. Average group size is 3.
For those scoring higher or lower than the 1050-1300 range, we recommend private tutoring. Foley Prep Pros design and target each lesson to meet the needs of kids who have registered at least 24 hours in advance.
- Private tutoring. Our experts will analyze your child’s diagnostic test to determine where to focus their instruction the most and how they can best help your student. Families can customize their child’s tutoring schedule and consult with tutors about specific concerns or challenges.
- Book 1-on-1 tutoring the old-fashioned way: over the phone and as far in advance as you can.
When deciding which type of tutoring is best for your child, consider his or her schedule, starting score, and goal score. Many families will start prep a year in advance. We recommend no fewer than 3 months of prep before your first test.
Whichever type you choose, remember to take advantage of regular practice tests offered every weekend online during the Covid-19 quarantine and at all Foley Prep locations under normal operating circumstances!
View Schedules and Book Now
Start anytime with our continuous semi-private 90-minute sessions for the SAT and ACT or plan on a 4-7 week set schedule of 2-hour cohort classes. This is not cookie-cutter prep – each session is tailored to the students who have registered. Average group size is 3 students, maximum 5 students.